Protect your way of life

In British Columbia, you will be required by the bank or financial institution that is providing your mortgage to have insurance in place on your new property as of the completion date. For strata properties, insurance on the building is the responsibility of the strata corporation and, therefore, is already looked after; the buyer is responsible for insurance on contents and significant finishing upgrades. For single family homes, you will need to contact an insurance broker and provide them with details on your property prior to completion date.

Note that insurance for properties that remain unoccupied is more expensive to insure than those that are occupied. Sometimes it can be beneficial to have a live-in caretaker or tenant.

You can obtain quotes and further information from our associate at North Shore Insurance:

Tony Fransen - North Shore Insurance
phone: 604.938.6103 or 250.707.2100
e-mail: [email protected]